I caught up with Amanda and Maxine, two of the gals behind the amazing wellness collective Wellineux. They had some stellar things to say about being entrepreneurs in the wellness space, how to get the most out of the wellness space, and how to collaborate with others for best results.
- The story of how Wellineux started
- How Amanda and Maxine (Max) met through the learning and development space and how that has influenced their initial client base.
- Max’s role as “brand ambassador” and how she works to get the Wellineux message out there.
- All about their organic launching phase and how their ability to be nimble worked to their advantage.
- Evolving from no corporate clients to including corporate clients.
- How and why their journey started through collaboration.
- How they got on stage just before the Dalai Lama!
- Reflections on their journey and the lessons they learned.
- Why sponsoring an event or speaking at one is more beneficial than just having a table at one.
- How and why you should be selective about your collaborations.
- What are their thoughts for new entrepreneurs in this space and what you can do to stand out in an authentic way in a competitive wellness market.
- Why being flexible and open are perfect when you are trying to build up from nothing.
- You don’t need to know everything about your niche to be great in it – collaborate with experts.
- Differences between marketing wellness products and wellness services. Experience and the word of mouth create momentum.
- Look out because Wellineux are launching multiday retreats in the urban space to make it more accessible, both in Melbourne and beyond.
“Try and get yourself out there, get yourself on the stage, or even in a 10 minute little workshop… the impact is so much greater than simply going along and having your goods or having conversations with people.”
“Don’t be afraid to morph and change along the way.”
“Be open. Be mindful”.
“It’s the services that have the greatest impact on individuals”.
Wellineux is a world class wellness collective founded by Amanda and Brent McMillan, and Michelle McCartan, in collaboration with a close-knit team who are inspired to empower others on their individual wellness journey, while navigating journeys of our own. Wellineux aims to honor and affirm your unique Journey of Me, providing inspiration, coaching, products, and resources for your holistic path.
In this episode I chatted to Amanda McMillan – the Strategy and Experience Director of Wellineux and Maxine Yates who is their Brand Ambassador.