It was such a pleasure to chat to the queen bee of conquering money blocks – Denise Duffield-Thomas. In this interview, we discuss money blocks and in particular stories and pricing challenges for wellness entrepreneurs and how you can overcome them.
- Why money blocks don’t pop up immediately for new entrepreneurs
- How women internalise business struggles instead of realising that they are just money blocks that they can work through
- Denise explains why it’s easy to find time to keep working on your business while working on your money blocks internally.
- Why the absence of money blocks isn’t the goal. Denise says the goal is to have the confidence in yourself and the tools and skills to get out of those things when they come up and to know how to quickly work through them while you continue to work on your business.
- Money blocks don’t just strike when you’re down – how success can bring up money blocks.
- Denise’s go-to tools for recognising money blocks are things like EFT, saying it out loud, affirmations, mantras etc.
- A common story that wellness entrepreneurs have is “I shouldn’t charge for this, it should be free to everyone. Good health is everyone’s birthright.” But Denise explains why it doesn’t serve your or anyone to be cheap or free. Burn out is a real big issue for health and wellness entrepreneurs.
- How having the freedom to create things like a book and blog posts actually helps you to serve more people who can’t afford your other services. So you are fulfilling your duty to helping people by charging appropriately for your services and it nourishes you rather than depletes you.
- Why price is often an indication that you know what you’re doing.
- Being an expert in something is good for business. You can’t be everything to everyone.
- Having a call to action on blog posts for “how to work with me” when you don’t have a book or a program yet.
- How Denise went from generic life-coach to the go-to person for money blocks for female entrepreneurs
- Pricing – don’t have to wait for a milestone line January to put your prices up. Why price increases are a great way to filter out your non-ideal clients. If you’re getting quicker and better at what you do, you know you can charge more because you’re actually saving your clients’ time, money, and their health.
- How tapping is a core part of Denise’s day.
- Using a meal delivery service so that she is fed properly each day. Listening to her body more is a non-negotiable.
“It doesn’t take long to get out of your own way”
“Perfection isn’t the goal. You’re never going to get to a place where you need to be perfect.”
“The perfect way is to just do it. That’s the secret.”
“It’s your business, your rules, you can increase your prices whenever you like.”
“I serve, I deserve.”
Denise Duffield-Thomas is the money mindset mentor for the new wave of online female entrepreneurs. Her best-selling books “Lucky Bitch” and “Get Rich, Lucky Bitch” give a fresh and funny road-map to create an outrageously successful life and business.
Denise helps women release their fear of money, set premium prices for their services and take back control over their finances.
She is an award-winning speaker, author and entrepreneur who helps women transform their Economy-Class money mindset into a First-Class life.