Every Australian blogger has had their say … and now it’s my turn! But I’m taking a slightly different tack.
Like many of you, I’ve been blown away, upset, shaken to the core and struck thoughtful by the front pages that have been taken up by high profile wellness entrepreneurs in the last month.
The latest I’m reading is within the wellness community and the fear it’s creating about what it means for us who are trying to make our living as wellness entrepreneurs. Marcus Pearce called it an “overdue correction of the wellness industry” which I think is 110% right (and maths was never my strong suit).
Listen to this episode – I’ve broken this down into 6 Lessons that all Wellness Entrepreneurs should learn from current events about doing good, healthy, wellness business.
Get the episode HERE. Click on the Show Notes tab to get the show notes and mentioned resources.
I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below. Do you agree with my 6 lessons? Would you add a seventh?
Katie Wyatt is the host of The Wellness Entrepreneur podcast, a business coach, wellness entrepreneur & closet Billy Joel fan.She loves superfoods, self-care and talking ‘shop’ – which usually involves green smoothie recipes, business models and podcasts. You can hear her interview leading wellness entrepreneurs and brilliant business minds on The Wellness Entrepreneur podcast. Sign up for her newsletter at thewellnessentrepreneur.com.au
Katie is doing something a little different this week. She’s been blown away by the front pages that have been taken up by high profile wellness entrepreneurs in the last few weeks. So she’s looked at everything from the perspective of what it can teach all of us wellness entrepreneurs about doing good business.
- Be authentic, transparent and truthful
- The power and danger in vulnerability
- You will be judged
- Do what you say you’re going to do
- Don’t be discouraged
- There are opportunities in disaster
- Pete Evans – http://peteevans.com.au
- Jess Ainscough – http://jessainscough.com/in-loving-memory/
- Belle Gibson – http://thewholepantryapp.com
- Carly Findlay’s I’m a Health Blogger promise – http://carlyfindlay.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/health-blogging-honesty-and-authenticity.html
- Brene Brown TED Talk – http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?language=en
- The frozen berry scandal – http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/consumers-warned-to-throw-out-nannas-frozen-berry-1kg-packets-amid-hepatitis-a-scare/story-fni0fit3-1227219395358
- The business opportunity the frozen berries have revealed – http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-18/berry-grower-business-demand/6140518