If you’ve been on the internet lately – hahaha. Who hasn’t? – you might have noticed this little trend going on about March. March madness. March after two lunar eclipses. Crazy March. Awful March. Entrepreneur death day March.
It was a strange one, that’s for sure. And as for me, I was on the other side of the globe from home feeding babies in the wee hours so yep, March was a bit cuckoo for me too.
Well, Miss Elle Roberts and I are back for a new Lady Boss Chats and we’re breaking down not the March Madness but how on earth do you get your mojo back after some time away from the business. It’s a juicy topic because there is so much emotion involved when you down tools – whether deliberately or unexpectedly. And pulling all the strings back together and picking all the balls up off the floor can be a challenge.
Some of the insights and tips we had from our experience of getting back on the horse:
- I talked abot the mindset tricks that taking a break from business (even a scheduled one!) had on me
- I talk about using external deadlines – because I discovered by doing Gretchen Rubin’s quiz that I’m an obliger – I respond to external expectations!
- Elle talks about her very unexpected curveballs that interrupted her business life
- We talk about the importance of giving yourself a break and being kind
- We talk about the need for support during the dark times
- In the outro I talk about the need for good systems in your business if you’re a solopreneur – so that the curveballs like March don’t mean the end of your business!