Amanda Jane Daley is a business mentor for health coaches and I’ve been aware of her since early in my own health coach studies journey, as she seems to be the “aspirational” or most premium business coach for health coaches. Her lead product is a premium-priced mastermind which is a group training program for health coaches to learn the tools to build their business.
While I don’t necessarily agree with the marketing approach – using a $5k month promise – I do believe Amanda is an excellent trainer, a smart marketer and I generally agree and align with most of the philosophies and techniques that she teaches. For example: starting ‘lean’ or low cost and getting to know your ideal client.
I am keen in 2016 to interview some of the leaders in the wellness industry – not just business coaches like Amanda, although there will be some of those because it gives you access to the very best coaches for free! But also entrepreneurs who are hitting and kicking their revenue goals in the wellness sector. I want us all to see what’s possible and learn from these examples.
And so I invited Amanda onto the podcast to talk all about the nitty-gritty of building a health coaching business. Her tips and insights will be relevant for you whether you’re a health coach or a chiropractor – it’s all great stuff.
Quick episode summary
- About Amanda’s business – helping health coaches to build their business – and history
- How a health coach can really understand their target market
- Why clarity on your target market is absolutely essentially to getting consistent clients
- Understanding pain points and benefits of your target market
- Why the “younger version of yourself” is not enough for your target market (I totally agree!)
- Why talking to people is key (scary for some people, but essential)
- The health coaching market has changed a lot in the last 10 years, but there are still similarities.
- While people are waking up to their need for health coaching, there are still plenty of people who don’t know how it can help them. Amanda tells us about why educating your potential clients is key.
- People want a result or an outcome for their pain point.
- Why there’s not a lack of clients for health coaches
- Amanda’s mix of masculine and feminine teachings
- There is a lot of mindset work to do, but beginners still need the business structure – the masculine.
- The feel of going into health coaching from a different career
- When you are the product
- “The integration period”
- Why 5k a month is the magic number for Amanda
- Charging where you’re at
- Pricing and freedom
- How many clients to start with and how to increase that – it’s a stretch, but it’s doable
- Not getting lost in the shiny object syndrome
- Why you can start working as a coach without spending loads on websites, ecourses etc.
- What mindset things Amanda builds into her daily life
- One thing you can do before xmas to set yourself up for next year
- Finding a mentor
- Mantra for the Xmas period: “November and December are my most profitable months ever.” (I seriously love this!)
Links mentioned by Amanda to help you build your health coaching business:
Amanda’s website – amandajanedaley.com
Amanda’s mastermind – upswingmastermind.com
“People are more awake now and looking for solutions to their health… people are wanting this information and people are in pain and they are struggling with their health more than ever and we know that but the problem I see is as health coaches having the business education to know how to get out there and sell that.”
“I live and breathe the mindset, the spiritual and emotional work”
“I’ve got such a purpose or a drive to help women really free themselves of everything
that’s holding them back. To me it’s not even about the money or the business at all, it’s about stepping into the woman you are meant to be, the woman you are born to be.”
“From a money and wealth perspective value is value. People pay for things they value but it also comes from self-value.”
All 'Bout Amanda
Amanda Jane Daley is a Business Mentor for health-focused entrepreneurs. With a background of 15 years in online marketing, Amanda has earned recognition by the world’s top advertising awards. In just a few years, she’s built a multiple 6-figure coaching practice of her own. Now, she combines her health + business savvy to mentor other Health Coaches to achieve the same goals focused on money mindset work and current online marketing strategies. Driven by a dream of shifting the way the world values health, Amanda has become the go-to business + wealth expert for healthy entrepreneurs who desire a freedom-based lifestyle.