Why is authenticity so important in business anyway? – with Sarah Wilder of the Fifth Element Life
In this episode we talk to ‘soulpreneur’ Sarah Wilder of The Fifth Element Life.
Sarah is a multi-passionate entrepreneur with a multi-faceted business, all built around the success of her very spiritual and very personal blog. Over the years Sarah has found her true and unique voice and her dream clients absolutely love it!
Get insight into Sarah’s journey to finding her authentic voice and business, and be inspired to create your perfect and purposeful business.
Hello! I’m Sarah Wilder(real surname Williams, to become a Heinemann…it’s a long story for another time).
The best way I have found to fully encapsulate my essence is to list three things that have changed my life:
1. My father passed away whilst in my early twenties – I was instantly thrust from care-free party girl to responsible adult with lack-lustre future. This experience changed my life.
2. I decided to go vegetarian – I had a shocking diet, the fussiest eater I knew and always unconsciously declared how much I loved animals, yet gave no second thought to eating them all day long. This decision changed my life.
3. I quit my day job!– Well, by default. I was engaged, planning the big wedding and was instead blessed with my beautiful son (way better deal, thanks universe!) – His arrival into my world helped me to see who I actually was, on a spirit level. I left my trend-driven, fast paced fashion career for full-time mum (and full-time soul searcher). This little person changed my life.
Now, with an almost two year old (and having realised who I truly am) – I am free to wander the path of my spirit. Some days I love to paint, frolic on the beach, design jewellery or read tarot. I’ve come to realise over countless nights of research, reading, blogging, pondering, musing, thinking, meditation, creating – that I will never fit into a box. I will never have one title. I’m just Sarah Wilder – a free-spirited, multi-passionate Soulpreneur who is wandering the path of her spirit. Sounds elusive, but fun – right?
Where to find Sarah:
- Earth Events – http://earthevents.com.au
- KV the calendar collaborator – http://www.aquariusnation.com
The ep unfolds:
- Spiritual Entrepreneur, Soulpreneur – what do these titles mean?
- The entrepreneurial journey can mirror your own life and soul journey – Sarah explains her journey
- Roadblocks can be a sign that you’re on the wrong path
- Motherhood as the break that made her find her true calling
- Entrepreneurial freedom was always the desire
- Sarah started blogging the motherhood journey, and it took time for the business to organically develop
- What it means to be multi-passionate
- The importance of a mentor and Sarah tells us what she looks for in a mentor
- The various streams to Sarah’s business – jewellery, coaching, motherhood, blogging
- When people fall in love with you, they’ll want to buy your product
- Talking about collaboration – working with others is so important for solopreneurs – you need to network in your industry.
- Common challenges Sarah sees in other entrepreneurs – finding your why in business. Her advice? Look at the revelations in a life story and also the practicalities of the dream life on a day to day basis
- Sarah describes her dream client (is this you?) – a mid-20s female looking for more in her life (a soul searcher), new mums awoken to the spiritual world by the motherhood experience, late 40s women who are having a new transformation in their life
Katie’s top 4 takeaways:
- Freedom – what does this mean to you? Explore and allow all of your passions to shape your journey but don’t be locked into thinking all those passions all need to be in your business
- Invest in yourself and seek the help of a mentor if you need help finding your direction
- Recognise and celebrate your own strengths
- People fall in love with you and your why first