Look out ladybosses! This is one hell of an episode!
I had the absolute pleasure of sitting down with intuitive brainiac Ling Wong to chat about how multi-passionate wellness entrepreneurs can get clear on their message, unite core parts of themselves, and build a business that really connects them to their community.
Oh my! Are you excited??
Ling shares a bit about her method and practical activities and questions that you can answer for yourself right now to help you build a business that is totally you and that you’ll love for many years to come.
- Ling is a business and marketing coach with a focus on mindset and a psychic twist to her work. She helps multi-passionate, multitalented solo entrepreneurs many of whom are in the health and wellness fields to help them distil all their big ideas into one cohesive message, nail the words that sell, and design a plan to cut the busywork and do what matters.
- Her intuitive yet rigorous iterative process born was out of years in the field of design and architecture as she spent Harvard design school and ten years in the online marketing industry.
- We dive into how Ling helps multi-passionate wellness entrepreneurs define themselves and their fields and quit bright-shiny object syndrome that stump wellness entrepreneurs.
- The aim is to find the “golden thread”, but first, Ling says we need to lay all of our passions, talents, etc. out on the table without worrying just yet about how it’s coming together. This part is all about acknowledging every part of yourself.
- After you lay it all out, ask yourself some questions:
- “Why the heck did you go into business in the first place?” Be selfish. Nobody is judging you and you don’t have to save the world.
- “What do you want your business to do for you.” Emphasis on for you. How is your business going to give back to you?
- “What is your passion and conviction? What do you want to be known for? What gets you riled up?”
- “What are your super powers?” It may surprise you when you write everything out how you can connect the dots.
- How are you going to blend most or all of them together in your business so that every part of you is being acknowledged in the work that you do?
- We also chat about how to make a choice when something might not fit in with your bigger thread.
- Ling talks about her 3 reframes on niche:
- Niche is about connection and resonance
- Niche is a reflection of our constant evolution
- Niche is rooted in our inner values, convictions, and points of view.
- Niche really emerges organically from within when you’re in touch with what your conviction and your beliefs are. It’s really about how you fit in, finding your place in the community.
- Ling says people often struggle to condense what they do and how they do it into one paragraph that captures the attention of your target audience. When you have your golden thread, that will grab your target audience’s attention as it transcends the individual parts of who you are and brings a light to your big why, what and who.
Links & Bio
Ling is an Intuitive Brainiac. Through her unique blend of Business + Marketing coaching with a Mindset + Psychic Twist, she helps the highly creative, multi-talented and multi-passionate maverick solo-entrepreneurs distill ALL their big ideas into ONE cohesive Message, nail the WORDS that sell and design a Plan to cut the busywork and do what matters, through her intuitive yet rigorous iterative process born out of her Harvard Design School training and 10 years of experience in the online marketing industry.
Stalk Ling here – business-soulwork.com