This week’s podcast guest, Adam Franklin, is the co-founder of Bluewire Media, plus an author, podcaster and speaker. He is passionate about marketing and especially the way in which marketing has evolved in the online world.
In this episode, we talk about the content strategy behind his business, how his podcast – Web Marketing That Works – fits in with the overall content marketing strategy of Bluewire and Adam’s top tips for aspiring podcasters.
- What does marketing mean to Adam. “Marketing is all about being helpful, being generous, and delivering value to people.”
- What Bluewire Media is: a marketing education company
- What is Adam’s content strategy: is it singular or multifaceted? The most effective thing has been giving away marketing templates as an email opt-in. Email, Adam says, is the most critical part of their strategy as well as growing a community.
- Adam in particular loves the scientific (metrics and testing) and social aspects (interaction and community building) of marketing.
- The role of a blog and podcast are that they help people to find and trust you – essential in today’s marketing world.
- Adam has found that having a call to action on every blog post or podcast to download templates has also helped to crow their email list.
- Adam discusses how quickly the templates began to get traction.
- Why he started podcast – because it was a piece of the content strategy that was missing and their book was coming out. Book at podcast have the same name.
- How they got their podcast on new and noteworthy in iTunes.
- Adam discusses who the podcast is aimed at.
- Interviewing people is a great place to start off a relationship.
- Adam’s advice for asking for interviews:
- How they manage a cohost on the podcast and interviews.
- How to launch a podcast and maintain momentum
- How to avoid burn out but still have your show going
- Why podcasting is fun
- What Adam thinks the new marketing trend will be.
Adam Franklin is the co-author of Web Marketing That Works. Plus he hosts a top rating iTunes podcast, is an international social media speaker and marketing manager of Bluewire Media – the web marketing firm he co-founded in 2005.
Web Marketing that Works templates
Web marketing that works podcast and blog
Web Marketing that Works book