Turn your frustrations into a successful business! – with Stefania Pallotta
In this episode we talk to wellness entrepreneur Stefania Pallotta. Stefania has 2 wellness businesses – a bricks and mortar wellness clinic in Sydney called Healing Wings and an online organic tee shirt company.
Stefania has a background in radio from life back in Italy – and she’s definitely got the gift of the gab. A generous,warm and heartfelt entrepreneur (the very best kind!)
Get insights into the path for a wellness entrepreneur running two very different businesses – one that follows a calling and the other that was an opportunity borne from her own frustration as a customer.
Stefania Pallotta has always had a real interest in health, nature and spirituality. The idea of creating The Organic Tshirt collection came from Stefania and her family. When she moved to Australia back in 1997 with her husband and two children, she realised that it was time to follow her dreams and change her life. She knew she couldn’t work as a radio broadcaster anymore (her career for over 11 years in Italy), as she felt a call to pursue and cultivate her interests and passions for all things health-related, spiritual and natural. As a result she became a natural therapist and in 2002 she opened a massage and aromatherapy clinic, Healing Wings. This new journey inspired her to transform her life, making the transition to a vegetarian diet and a more holistic lifestyle that was taking into consideration the need to be in harmony within yourself and with your surroundings.
Stefania believes that a person’s wellbeing and health are determined by a balance of the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical states. Often, it’s the little things and the small changes that can improve our lifestyle, going back to the traditions of the past, respecting and taking good care of ourselves and our planet. In 2011, Frustrated by the lack of locally produced organic cotton t-shirts to wear in her clinic – Healing Wings – Stefania decided to take it upon herself to produce organic cotton clothing, following her passions for a natural and organic lifestyle. She knows that producing and wearing clothes made with organic cotton fabrics can really make a difference for our lives as they are gentle to our skin and to the environment. Creating The Organic Tshirt meant realising her dream to produce locally, providing good quality clothes at a reasonable price. A vision that was inspired by her childhood, when she had the privilege to experience and wear garments made with natural fabric by her mum.
From an idea and her passion for natural products The Organic Tshirt was born.
oday, Stefania is busy running her clinic & her online store of Australian made organic cotton garments.
Recently she has contributed to a chapter of the book “Insiders Know-How: Running Your Own Business”, sharing her knowledge and experience on how to start, run and grow your business. She is currently writing a book about her journey that will be published in March 2015.
Where to find her:
- Australian Made – australianmade.com.au
The ep unfolds:
- Being a wellness entrepreneur is not a choice, it’s a calling!
- Your business journey is a jigsaw puzzle, you only get one piece at a time.
- Stefania shares her story of being a frustrated customer – which then became the seed for her second organic tee shirt business
- Learning the workflow for manufacturing tee shirts (very different to operating a wellness clinic!) – lots of research!
- Australian production is possible – and Australian made is still an effective marketing niche (swim upstream!)
- Pendulum is swinging back to locally sourced products, close to source.
- Stefania shares her marketing strategies and tactics for both businesses (hint: they’re very different!)
- The importance of delegation
- What’s next for Stefania – helping other natural therapy professionals with their businesses
- Stefania shares her daily rituals around work and life
- Advice to her younger self: be inspired and have a goal
Katie’s Top 4:
- Trust in your path and see the signs
- Be aware of your problems as a customer – there might be a business opportunity in it!
- Go against the grain – sometimes moving against the crowd can work incredibly well
- Know what to delegate