You are podcasting. You got over the tech, you launched your show and you’re producing content week after week. High fives!
Are you getting maximum mileage from each episode? I know, it can be a big enough mountain to publish your show, let alone to then think about marketing it in multiple places. And how would you do that anyway?
This post is a shopping list of suggested ways you can repurpose your show to make the content go further. There are many many more ideas out there, but these are all ideas I’ve tried and that I believe add true content value to your podcast.
16 Ways to Repurpose Your Podcast
- Create show notes including key talking points, links, resources and guest social media
- Create a standalone blog post based on the content shared in the episode
- Pull 3 quotes from your podcast and share on Twitter
- Create images out of the 3 quotes above and share on Instagram
- Create a step-by-step or how-to list from the episode and create a Pinterest-friendly post
- Cut an audio clip from the episode (use a tool like Clammr) and share it on social media
- Do a Facebook Live about the podcast (as a teaser / promo / wrap up / key takeaways)
- Create a “Top Ten” list / blog post / page on your website collating your ten best podcasts
- Create a placeholder slide in Canva and put the audio over the image on YouTube
- Compile a “best of” compilation episode around a particular topic and pull clips from past episodes
- Write a short, sharp, actionable post on Linked In linking to the episode
- Get the podcast transcribed and pop the transcription on your website (link to it in your show notes). Rev.com is great for transcription!
- Create a checklist from the episode and turn it into a downloadable PDF (bonus points if you make it an exclusive in-episode opt-in!)
- Collect all your content into a spreadsheet and look for themes or potential groupings – that could be repurposed into a book, course, series
- Create an e-book
- Next time you create a new episode ask yourself which past episodes relate to this new topic – mention those episodes in your intro and link in the show notes.
What do you think? What’s your favourite way to repurpose your podcast content? Come and tell us in the Facebook Group.