If you’re not doing it, you’re thinking about it, talking about it, planning it or dreaming of it. Launching. Making like Marie Forleo & getting your B-School out there. If you’re doing online biz, you will reach that moment where you want to try your hand at launching a service, product, online program, whatever it is, launching is the new black.
I haven’t yet done a big launch myself – my podcast and coaching services have been old-fashioned soft launches. But I have been on the receiving end of many (as I’m sure have you), planned many in my head and devoured webinars and podcasts by Jeff Walker, the master of launch & Anne Samoilov who has a great little podcast all about launching (small and big).
So I was really quite excited when Launch Strategist Pat Romain got in touch to bring some launching fun to your entrepreneurial ears. And she was so right. This episode is fantastic. Pat is incredibly excited about her job and knows what she’s talking about. Settle in for an intense introduction to the life of the launch.
Pat and I discuss:
- What makes a successful launch (and it’s not technology!)
- 3 months as the typical timeline for a launch
- Pat talks about why launching is like dancing
- It’s your choice – develop your product before you launch or after … but know what you’re in for if you sell something you haven’t developed yet!
- Why launch blueprints serve their purpose – but at the end of the day your strategy must be a reflection of you and your business
- The role of excitement and buzz in your launch
- Regardless of how your launch goes, always go back and assess
- When a launch fails, it’s usually about a disconnect with your cutomer – but there are things you can do before you launch to really manage this risk
- Key success measures are sales obviously, opt-ins, how you want the launch to “feel” plus other specific metrics depending on who’s launching
- Tech requirements: could be as simple as your email service provider and your sales page, or you may need a membership site such as Wishlist.
- Jeff Walker
- Anne Samoilov
- Marie Forleo
- Denise Duffield-Thomas
- WP Affiliates
- Blog Heart, Pat’s Facebook group