You know you’ve been wanting it! Blogging is massive in the health and wellness industry. For some entrepreneurs, it’s how they’ve started expressing their passion for wellness and then monetised or commercialised. For others, it’s become a content marketing necessity once you launched your business or website. Or maybe you don’t blog at all and you’d like to start. Or maybe you don’t blog and don’t plan to – you will still get loads from my chat with Jac about content marketing and building your tribe.
Let Jac and I know what you think – leave a comment below with a link to your blog so we can check it out. And if you heard the collaboration opportunity at the end of the episode and you’re keen to take part, email me at katie (at) thewellnessentrepreneur.com.au
- blogsociety.com.au – Request to join the Facebook community here – https://www.facebook.com/groups/blogsociety/
- Jaclyn’s other blog – littlepapertrees.com
- coschedule for content marketing planning and scheduling – http://coschedule.com
- vsco filtering app – https://vsco.co/vscocam
- unroll me to clean up the inbox
- Jaclyn shares her blogging story – she’s an expat from Boston living in Sydney and has been blogging intermittently for 10 years.
- Little Paper Trees is her personal blog – a way to connect with like-minded women.
- Blog Society is a community for bloggers and creative business owners.
- Jac still works full time in marketing and events.
- Commercialisation of the blog has been through events and workshops – multi-state and growing.
- What’s behind the blogging movement? Desire to connect online and offline.
- Vision for Blog Society – to expand internationally and showcase the Australian blogging community.
- Is it too late to start blogging? Hear what Jac thinks!
- The reasons for a business to start blogging and why you should blog as a wellness entrepreneur, or wannabe entrepreneur.
- The blogging must-haves : branding, consistency
- What makes a good blog post : ask yourself are you providing information, education, inspiration or entertainment?
- Advice on developing your voice – practice, practice, practice
- Jac gives advice on building your blog and powering through in the early times when you feel like no one is reading!
- Jac lifts the curtain and shows us her planning cycle – you’ll see the important part of always planning your content. Jac shares her single biggest blogging lifesaver.
Jaclyn Carlson, Founder
Originally from Boston, Massachusetts, Jaclyn Carlson is the founder of Blog Society as well as the author behind the Sydney-based blog, Little Paper Trees. Passionate and prone to wasting hours on Pinterest, she has years of experience in marketing, advertising and PR and aims to put Sydney’s bloggers in the spotlight with the launch of Blog Society.
Give Jaclyn a shout out on Twitter – www.twitter.com/blogsociety