How to build a blissful tribe – with the Merrymaker Sisters
First episode is LIVE! Do the happy dance! Spirit fingers! In this episode we talk to The Merrymaker Sisters – Emma and Carla Papas – two sisters who went Paleo and in sharing their cooking adventures have built an engaged tribe across social media and have turned their blog into a full time business in less than 2 years!
The sisters are e-book authors, health and happiness bloggers, paleo recipe developers, passionate health coaches and girls on a mission to help you follow your bliss. Gain insights into their rapid rise to blog stardom, their massive Instagram and Facebook communities, the ups and downs of building their online wellness business and where to next for these sisters who are always merrymaking!
We’re Emma and Carla Papas, ‘The Merrymaker Sisters’. We’re health and happiness bloggers, paleo recipe developers and passionate health coaches who began blogging about finding and following our bliss. Our merrymaking journey continues to teach us new and exciting ways to make our days brighter, happier and healthier. We created the Merrymaker brand to share all of this with you! We believe everyone can make a positive difference. We want to inspire you to take care of yourself because good health and happiness is infectious. Check out the blog for quick and easy recipes, wellbeing information and advice, plus an abundance of ‘happiness hacks’ – special Merrymaker tips to help you find and follow YOUR bliss!
Where to find us: Website: www.themerrymakersisters.com.au
- Problogger – blogging resources, community and conference http://problogger.com
- Life in Half a Second, by Matthew Michalewicz http://www.amazon.com.au/Life-Half-Second-Achieve-Success-ebook/dp/B00FZFB2OI
- Chris Ducker’s blog http://www.chrisducker.com
- Pat Flynn, Smart Passive Income blog http://www.smartpassiveincome.com
The ep unfolds:
Katie welcomes you all to the first episode of The Wellness Entrepreneur podcast – she’s a little bit excited because her website is finally, almost live! Introduction to the guest – tribe builders, 30,000 Instagram followers, Paleo influencers – The Merry Maker Sisters – Carla and Emma Pappas Topics covered & wellness entrepreneur wisdom shared:
- The journey of being business partners and siblings – open communication is key (no dishwasher at Merry Maker HQ!)
- Path from blogging to business – the impact of a personal health journey inspiring the sharing of their passion
- The girls started sharing food photos on Instagram and then started blogging
- In July 2014 the girls were able to quit their jobs and blog full time!
- An organic growth journey – trial of other business models (like catering) to find blogging and social media as their path
- The evolution of a passion and heart-led business journey – sharing happiness and their journey
- The girls talk about the ups and downs of their journey and the hard work they put in – their super power!
- Goals ahead are to expand and grow – watch this space, Merry Maker soul sisters
- Instagram growth – use the right hashtags where you want to be found, post consistently
- All content is driven from the blog – planning editorial 6 months ahead – all about driving traffic back to the blog (that’s what the businesses they work with want to see, engagement on website)
- Revenue streams – started with a sponsored post
- Implement learnings – the girls implemented all of their learnings from the Problogger conference
- 2 main income streams – ebooks (new one every quarter), working with aligned brands, products and services
- The future for Merry Making – monetize the online space then do free stuff in person – Meetups, meditation, etc. Bring in more merry making experts
- Tips for connecting offline – have no fear, be yourself and be out there, be open about fear
- “Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real”
- The girls share the mistakes they’ve made – saying yes too soon, listening to other people too much
- Why they did IIN and got qualified as health coaches – build a network, gain the confidence in the advice they gave (“studying with IIN literally changed our lives”)
- Their best advice: Be open, ask for help and take help when offered