In this episode I’m sharing a framework called Jobs-to-be-done. It’s a framework or methodology that has become key to innovation in products and services. It goes beyond what we THINK we know about our customers needs and wants and uses observation and analysis to understand what JOBS people hire products and services to do for them. Sometimes we don’t even know ourselves what job a product or service is satisfying for us, but it can be observed and understood.
How we can apply jobs-to-be-done to our businesses
- History of the framework – the brainchild of Harvard professor Clayton Christensen
- What are jobs – main, related
- Types of jobs – functional, emotional, personal and social
- How to identify jobs to be done
- Applying the framework to your business