Podcasting is an incredible way to grow your influence and deepen the relationship you’re building with your target market. But it’s not about just getting on to any old podcast.
Today I’m talking about how to fine tune your pitch and get you booked on the right podcasts.
- Clarify your message
– Get really clear about what you have to say, what you do and what your philosophy is.
– Be really specific. Niche down and talk directly about or solve one problem.
- Identifying places to pitch to
– Which podcasters are already talking to your audience?
- Making the pitch
– What is your angle? Will you take an opposing view to others in your industry?
– How will you make your story relevant to each podcaster’s audience?
- Nailing the interview
– Prepare your space and equipment. Make sure everything works
– Prioritise the podcast! Don’t do the interview while you’re in the car on a school run.
4 Maxing the mileage after the interview is released
– Keep the conversation going on social media. Talk to the host about what you’ve already discussed.
– Share the podcast widely and repeatedly.
Blue Yetti mic