Marcus Pearce is the CEO of The Wellness Couch as well as the Founder of the Exceptional Life Blueprint. An ex media and entertainment producer, Marcus has brought his skills and savvy for entertainment, events and community engagement to his passion for wellness. The Wellness Couch and all the associated presenters and their businesses represent some of the leading health and wellness influencers in Australia … so as you can imagine, Marcus has loads to share about the different business models he’s working in and what’s working for him as a wellness entrepreneur today!
Marcus Pearce, CEO of The Wellness Couch
The ep unfolds:
- After a few bad jokes, we jump right into talking about The Wellness Couch, a growing podcast channel – currently with 11 podcasts but could grow to 20 by the end of the year
- The channel is just that – a channel for health professionals wanting to start a podcast can share their message
- The business behind the couch is the connections behind the podcasts – events, which work because it’s the presentation of similar content in different ways so appealing to the different ways that people learn
- I’m in shock because Marcus doesn’t know the Startup Podcast (maybe it is only me who is obsessed with podcasts day and night…)
- Marcus shares his health journey and the inspiration for his Exceptional Life Blueprint – in it’s first full cycle, he also shares the fears of that first launch
- We talk about primary foods – the holistic approach to life that we agree is essential
- We talk event essentials – entertain, engage and be prepared to fail a few times
- Don’t be a one trick pony, bring multiple components to what you do and your events
- I ask Marcus for his view on modern wellness businesses – he says focus on content before everything else. As someone wanting to start a business – try before you buy. Start blogging or filming a video and uploading it to YouTube. Do that before you spend all the money turning it into a business.
- We end with Marcus’ trademark positivity and a lovely lesson for you all which you’ll love if you’re also an urgency addict
In a former life Marcus Pearce was a workaholic journalist, radio and television producer. That past life included an obsession with AFL football, which led him to create The Run Home on Victorian all-sports station SEN 1116, and work as an associate producer at Channel Nine’s The Footy Show. That life also included years as a smoking, binge-drinking, overweight, pimply statistic-waiting-to-happen.
The beginning of the revolution came when he met his now-wife Sarah, a wellness chiropractor. Embarking not just on a magnificent relationship but a complete lifestyle and philosophical change, Marcus began to slowly take away his least healthy habits and replace them with life-extending, empowering ones.
The transformation from an addicted smoker to extreme vegan (sometimes raw) and now back again to somewhere in the middle has taken him on an incredible journey where he’s met and worked with a range of leaders in the health and empowerment world including Tony Robbins, Dr John Demartini and Eddie McGuire.
Marcus is passionate about teaching people not to silently approve what we read in the papers and online, watch on TV and listen to on the radio. Instead, Marcus is about relentlessly challenging people to be their own person, their own “scientific researcher”, their own creator of health, so that they can live their life on their own terms and not someone else’s.
He resides just outside of Byron Bay with his wife Sarah and their two children Maya & Darby. He is the founder of the Exceptional Life Blueprint – an 8-step process to creating a magnificent life – and CEO of The Wellness Couch podcast network, Australia’s #1 podcast network with over 1.25 million annual downloads. He is a co-host of two podcasts, ‘100 Not Out’ and Inside The Champion’s Mind.
Talk to Marcus here:
• Forage Cereal – foragecereal.com
• Brett Hill – drbretthill.com
• Laurence Tham – drlaurencetham.com
• Marcus Pearce The Exceptional Life Blueprint – exceptionallifeblueprint.com.au
• The Wellness Couch – thewellnesscouch.com
• Startup Podcast