Wonderful podcasters are joining us everyday, and Shannon Bush is one of those lovely people. I got to connect with her at artful and I’m thrilled to introduce you to her. You’re going to get business tips from someone who’s been in business over seven years! Shannon is a killer networker online and offline, sharing her voice as a strong example of female leadership.
Shannon’s been on an incredible journey transitioning from a career in health to traveling the world to studying business and serving a decade in the corporate world, until finally deciding to become unemployable.
She shares with us her path into entrepreneurship, networking tips, and female leadership model
What we chat about:
- Having her grandmothers as business role models
- Over-riding her inner-critic with an innate compulsion to create
- Becoming a business coach with an undergraduate in nursing
- Starting a business before social media and having to get out there
- Replacing income from her corporate career
- Creating a female-only model on leadership style
Tips for the Wellness Entrepreneur:
- Choose networking events that you think you’ll like until you find what you love.
- Utilize coaches as you grow to leverage the opportunities you’re presented with.
- Understand your leadership style and what pitfalls you can run into.
- Be an advocate for yourself first and foremost, if you lose yourself helping others.
Changemaker Aha Moments:
- Things happen in our business and personal life that can change things. It’s about staying the distance and surrounding yourself with good people.
- The seemingly overnight successes you see don’t really exist.
Words of Inspiration from Shannon Bush:
“I made a promise to myself when I started my business that I would become unemployable.”
“It’s all well and good to be sharing this great content we create, but if it’s not going to at some point create a good return on investment that has a monetary aspect, then we are just creating great content.”
“You’ve gotta be in it for the long haul, and keeping really clear on your focus having a convicted decision and commitment to yourself.”
“It’s not just about networking with your clients. It’s about networking with people who know them and can give you introductions.”
Shannon Bush is an author, founder and Director of Creative Possibility which is an innovative coaching business development business. She is also the founder of Totally Thriving Magazine, an award winning business woman, and an internationally best selling author.
Listen to Shannon’s podcast
Read Shannon’s magazine (and see me on the cover!)
Join Shannon’s Facebook Group
Attend Shannon’s Magnetic Marketing webinar
Check out Shannon’s Market To Thrive program
Wellness Entrepreneur Facebook Tribe – bit.ly/startgrowthrive