Amanda Cook is the Wellpreneur – a wellness entrepreneur and a business coach to other wellness entrepreneurs – and one of my podcasting heroes. When I was planning my podcast about wellness entrepreneurs I looked around for anything else in the field and Amanda’s podcast was it! That’s a different story now but she’s still an absolute leader in the wellness field.
Amanda shares with us the story of her two businesses and how podcasting has provided a unique marketing differentiator in her business. In this episode you’ll get many gems of wisdom to take on your own podcasting journey.
- Amanda tells us about her two businesses – Vintage Amanda and the Wellpreneur.
- We discuss Amanda’s transition from corporate marketing to the wellness industry with Vintage Amanda before launching the Wellpreneur to connect wellness entrepreneurs with her marketing and sales know-how.
- How she juggles two businesses – Amanda feels like losing one would be like losing a limb (ouch!)
- Amanda’s previous foray into the world of podcasting back in 2005/2006 with an unrelated podcast positioned her well for launching a podcast for the Wellpreneur.
- What makes podcasting great as a marketing tool
- How to position yourself – e.g. as an expert or getting experts on your podcast.
- Ways to improve
- How podcasting builds a community
- Pitching to potential guests
- Repurposing and promoting content
- What social media platforms Amanda finds best for each of her businesses
- Amanda’s advice for anyone wanting to start a podcast of their own.
Bio and guest links:
Amanda Cook is an award-winning certified holistic health coach and online strategist for the health + wellness industry. She teaches health + wellness entrepreneurs how to grow a healthy business – online – without a lot of time or technical skills. Her keep-it-simple approach integrates blogging, email newsletters, social media and online marketing to attract a tribe of raving fans to your business!
Find Amanda onTwitter
And on Google+
Other things mentioned in the podcast:
Edgar Social media